Thursday 9 May 2019

2019 NHL Playoff Pickz: Round 2 review, and round 3 picks

Hi everyone, Alan here for my reviews, picks and my road hockey team's makeover here at AJH HJA.

My Round 2 review

Eastern Conference

Boston (A2) vs. Columbus (WC2)
My pick: Bruins in 6
Result: Bruins in 6
Final thought: Got this one right but I felt that this series could've gone all the way to 7 games.

NY Islanders (M2) vs. Carolina (WC1)
My pick: Islanders in 5
Result: Canes in 4
Final thought: Dear god I can't believe that the Isles got swept in the 2nd round after winning the 1st round in 4 games, unbelievable. 

Western Conference

St. Louis (C3) vs. Dallas (WC1)
My pick: Blues in 6
Result: Blues in 7
Final thought: So it took 7 games for St.Louis to beat Dallas instead of 6 games.

San Jose (P2) vs. Colorado (WC2)
My pick: Sharks in 7
Result: Sharks in 7
Final thought: Wow! Another series that I got it right.

Alright as from my previous post about my road hockey team the Stallions logos, now I'll talk about the jersey. I helped with the jersey design after much putting it together just when I thought that it came to life, but the company that was making my team's jerseys had other ideas, and it didn't come full promising.
Here's what it could have been my team's official jersey.
On this white jersey, it has black and gold strips on both the arms and hem along with black and gold on the collar. Standard block on the nameplate, same with the numbers but with trims. Now here's the actual jersey.


Yup, it's the real deal, this is what my team's jersey looks like. White jersey gold horseshoe patterns all over it, a single black stripe on the arm, black and gold stripes on the hem. The logo looks like they took the logo my jersey concept and blew it up big instead of received an image file that is the right size for them to play around with the letters on the logo is out of place terrible to me, the horseshoe is alright, but the ends that have 3 stripes on each side are awful. Lastly, if you can look at one picture that has the "O," you can see that the inside of the "O" is a lighter shade of black, while outside of the "O" is pure black.
So that's my team's jersey the only thing right out of this is the nameplate and the numbers that I'm okay with it.

So with that out of the way, it's time for my Playoff Pickz round number 3.


Eastern Conference

Boston (A2) vs. Carolina (WC1)
My pick: Bruins in 5

Western Conference

San Jose (P2) vs. St. Louis (C3)
My pick: Sharks in 6

This post is done! One more post to go and the 2018-19 NHL season is done. The last post of the 2019 Playoff Pickz will feature my round 3 review, my Stallions concept, and my 2019 Stanley Cup pick. Until then enjoy round 3 if you can put up with overtimes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your jersey concept of the Stallions looks dope & cool.

    Back to the predictions, I would like to see the Blues and the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals for this one.

    ReplyDelete