Thursday 25 April 2019

2019 NHL Playoff Pickz: Round 1 review and Round 2 picks

Hi everyone, welcome back to another edition of NHL Playoff Pickz 2019 here at AJH HJA.

This one is not a pretty one, so it's short and sweet.

Here's the review of round 1.
Round 1
Eastern Conference

Tampa Bay (A1) vs. Columbus (WC2)
My Pick: Bolts in 5
Result: Blue Jackets in 4
Final thought: Tampa Bay went from a 62 win wonder to being a doormat in 4 games, unbelievable. 


Boston (A2) vs. Toronto (A3)
My Pick: Bruins in 4
Result: Bruins in 7
Final thought: The Leafs once again gave the Bruins a hard time and once again choked in game 6.


Washington (M1) vs. Carolina (WC1)
My Pick: Caps in 6
Result: Canes in 7
Final thought: I can't believe that the 2018 Stanley Cup champions lost the series to a bunch of jerks the Hurricanes.


NY Islanders (M2) vs. Pittsburgh (M3)
My Pick: Pens in 6
Result: NYI in 4
Final thought: I know the Pens would fall apart in this playoffs, but this was shockingly too soon to me. 

Western Conference

Nashville (C1) vs. Dallas (WC1)
My Pick: Preds in 6
Result: Stars in 6
Final thought: The Preds didn't play well no comment.


Winnipeg (C2) vs. St. Louis (C3)
My Pick: Jets in 7
Result: Blues in 6
Final thought: Out of all the teams that the Jets had to fall apart why it could have been someone else instead of the Blues.


Calgary (P1) vs. Colorado (WC2)
My Pick: Flames in 5
Result: Avalanche in 5
Final thought: The Flames didn't play well at all, but at least they got a win, unlike the Bolts.


San Jose (P2) vs. Vegas (P3)
My Pick: Sharks in 7
Result: Sharks in 7
Final thought: My god I thought this series was lopsided but the Sharks came back and pulled it off.

Now as usual before the picks here's my concept based on my road hockey team the Stallions. It's was back in December were my team decided to rebrand and need a new look, so I just join in and show off my design on which looks good for the team, that including a new logo to go with it which I put it together for them so without due here's the Stallions Road Hockey logo.

Indeed it's a round shape logo with the "Stallions Hockey Club" on it with a horseshoe in the middle with tweaks on the ends of the shoe to shape like a hockey sticks for that last touch feel to it, black and gold are the colours for this logo. I presented to my team, and the captains love it.

Well, it's time for my round 2 picks.

Eastern Conference

Boston (A2) vs. Columbus (WC2)
My pick: Bruins in 6

NY Islanders (M2) vs. Carolina (WC1)
My pick: Islanders in 5

Western Conference

St. Louis (C3) vs. Dallas (WC1)
My pick: Blues in 6

San Jose (P2) vs. Colorado (WC2)
My pick: Sharks in 7

And so this one is in the books come back for round 2 review, my round 3 picks and more Stallions goodies. Til then enjoy round 2.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a turnaround for this season in the playoffs, with almost all top & 2nd-top seeds per division to not advance. Major upset alert without any consent. Now that would change things a bit more as the games will proceed.

    And amazing concept of that logo, representing your local team very well. :)

    ReplyDelete