Friday 13 May 2016

2016 NHL Playoff Pickz: Round 3

Hi everyone Alan here for another edition of the “Playoff Pickz!” Before we get to the review I would like to thank you all for making my 5th anniversary posts a hit, I know I should have done that sooner but I was in a hurry to post my round 2 picks. As speaking of round 2 here’s my review.

Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. New York Islanders (WC1)
My pick: Bolts beats the Islanders in 6 games
Result: Bolts beats the Islanders in 5 games
Thoughts: I knew the Bolts would beat the Islanders but I didn’t expect it in 5 games

Washington Capitals (M1) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)
My pick: Caps over the Pens in 7 games
Result: Pens beat the Caps in 6 games
Thoughts: Didn’t expect the series to end 6 game let alone the Caps losing to the Pens.

 Dallas Stars (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C2)
My pick: Stars over the Blues in 6
Result: Blues beat the Stars in 7 games
Thoughts: The Blues has the depth which I didn’t expect they were good enough to beat the Stars.

San Jose Sharks (P3) vs. Nashville Predators (WC1)
My pick: Sharks beat Preds in 5
Result: Sharks wins it in 7 games
Thoughts: I know the Sharks got this series but come on guys, 7 games really?

Well time for my round 3 picks.

Eastern Conference
Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)
TBL: Without Stamkos this team would be done for, but they got good depth to help them along the way.
PIT: They got the right players playing on the right lines, to even the right goalie to play in net. This team can go deep.
Overall: This one is a good match up but star power wise the Pens got this one despite with Phil Kessel on their team.
My pick: Pens beat the Bolts in 6 games

Western Conference
 St. Louis Blues (C2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P3)
STL: Blues got a darn good depth, this team really shows that they are ready to go to the finals!
SJS: The last time this team been in the Conference finals they choke.
Overall: Which one will choke first?
My pick: Blues beat the Sharks in 5 games

Well that’s my see you all at my next post for my Stanley Cup final pick till then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment