Friday 29 April 2016

2016 NHL Playoff Pickz: Round 2

Hi everyone Alan here for Round 2 of my "2016 NHL Playoff Pickz" but first round 1 review and it ain't pretty for me!

Florida Panthers (A1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1)
My pick: Panthers beat Islanders in 5 games.
Result: Islanders beat Florida in 6 games
Thoughts: Like most top seeded teams they played well in the season, but played awful in the playoffs when the lower seeded teams takes an opportunity. 

Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. Detroit Red Wings (A3)
My pick: Wings beat the Bolts in 6 games
Result: Bolts beat the Wings in 5
Thoughts: It's bad for the Wings to lose in 7 to the Bolts with Stamkos last year, but lose in 5 to the Bolts without Stamkos it's more sadder.

Washington Capitals (M1) vs Philadelphia Flyers (WC2)
My pick: Caps beat the Flyers in 6 games
Result: Caps beat the Flyers in 6 games
Thoughts: "Oh my goodness!" I got it right! 

New York Rangers (M3) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)
My pick: Pens over the Rangers in 7 games
Result: Pens beats the Rangers in 5 games
Thoughts: I expected this series to go all the way but the Rangers didn't got what it takes. 

Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Minnesota Wild (WC2)
My pick: Stars beat the Wild in 6
Result: Stars beat the Wild in 6
Thoughts: "Holy smokes!" Another series I got it right. 

St. Louis Blues (C2) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (C3)
My pick:  Hawks beats the Blues in 5 games
Result: Blues beat the Hawks in 7 games
Thoughts: The Blues "Finally" beat Chicago, and ruined my pick thanks Blues.

Anaheim Ducks (P1) vs. Nashville Predators (WC1)
My pick: Ducks over the Preds in 6 games
Results: Preds beat the Ducks in 7 games
Thoughts: Shocked that the Ducks lost to the Preds, nuff said.

Los Angeles Kings (P2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P3)
My pick: LA sweeps the Sharks in 4 games
Result: Sharks beats the Kings in 5
Thoughts: Man who would thought that missing the playoffs last year can change the team so badly.

And now my Round 2 picks.

Eastern Conference

Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. New York Islanders (WC1)
TBL: The team surprisingly played well without Stamkos, hopefully this team keeps going.
NYI: They took out one top seeded team, will they do it again?
Overall: This one is a tough call, but I know who, and how long.
My pick: Bolts beats the Islanders in 6 games

Washington Capitals (M1) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)

WSH: The Caps played well in the 1st round, but this team needs to to play even better.
PIT: The Pens gave the Rangers an early exit, but they will have a hard time with this one.
Overall: I feel an even match here, and this one is a 7 games series but who will choke first?
My pick: Caps over the Pens in 7 games

Western Conference


Dallas Stars (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C2)

DAL: The Stars things right in their end, can they keep it up?
STL: The Blues made this year playoffs a "anybody's ball game!"
Overall: The Blues may have beat the Blackhawks, but the Stars got this one.
My pick: Stars over the Blues in 6

San Jose Sharks (P3) vs. Nashville Predators (WC1)

SJS: They prove me wrong, will they prove me wrong again?
NSH: The Preds pulled an upset over a top seeded team, will they do it again?
Overall: I see the Sharks moving on but in a hard way.
My pick: Sharks beat Preds in 5

Well that's my picks. Before I go, for all concept artist out there that looking for new templates then check out Steven Grant Design, from the creator of  SG-94 got some new template goodies over at his new site, give it a try. Until then see you all at round 3

No comments:

Post a Comment