Saturday 24 January 2015

This post is brought to you by: Me!

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. On my first post of 2015 I decide to do a rant about a story of the NHL putting ads on jerseys, everyone is throwing flags left and right on this one mainly because over in Europe leagues those teams got ads all over their jerseys, pants, socks, and helmets. Just when you think putting ads on the boards and on the ice isn't enough they had to put them on the jerseys too. My though is why NHL? You guys are making darn good amount of money from your sponsors, and far too established league to do that. Over at Europe is understandable, here, no, just no. However when you think about it most of the NHL (more likely all of them) are wearing sponsorship patch on their practice jerseys that's fine with me, but on the team's actual jerseys it's a no for me. But the question is, if we can't stop the NHL from doing this, are we prepared for this trend? If you're an AHL fan you would say "yes" others say "no" because ads on the jerseys should always belongs in leagues lower then the NHL. Think about this, in the AHL all the teams there got one sponsorship patch on their jersey, and few also got sponsorship decal on their helmets, you all would call it ruined, I called it "tamed" because it's there, but small enough to be less distracting and less likely to ruin a good jersey, unless you got vertical piping on those jerseys then that's a different story. 
That's were we get to the Jr levels, in Jr.A as I know right now ( if a Jr.A tier lower then like OHL) doesn't has ads on their jerseys, then comes the Jr.B level, as a hockey fan that goes to those games like myself I see no ads, but they got sponsor plates that means instead of players last name on the back, it's the team's sponsors on it some got one, while others got their name on the the normal spot, and sponsor plate on the hem, or the other way around and sometimes two, one where the nameplate is, and another on the hem area. I'm not joking people the pictures tells all!
Pics from the Chatham Jr Maroons Facebook page
Pics from the Chatham Jr Maroons Facebook page
Image found from Google
Image found from Google
Image found from Google
Then we go to the Jr.C level, some teams are the same as the Jr.B teams with sponsor plates on the back of their jerseys, but most got ads patches that may look tamed but if you put them with a Canadian flag patch or a memorial patch in the mix, it may makes you think and afraid of it, if the NHL ever decide to walk down to this path. Here are the pictures to witness it.
Image found from Google
Image found from Google
Image found from Google
Image found from Google
Image from the Blenheim Blades Facebook page
Well there you have it my thoughts on ads being on jerseys, and showing pictures of Jr.B, and Jr.C teams with sponsorship patches, and sponsorship nameplates. Maybe I'm over thinking about this whole ads on NHL jerseys thing, but we may never know.
Until then, I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Enjoy this year All-Stars weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment