Saturday 23 August 2014

Summer of Concept Contributor: Red vs. Blue

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Well this week is once again another double concept contributor post in week 8 of "Summer of Concept Contributor" once again it's Ricky's turn. Now on to the concepts.

Detroit Red Wings Concept [by Ricky]
Ricky give us a Red wings concept that out of this world. Well not exactly out of this world, but close enough, just putting the team's main logo on the shoulder, two stripes on the arms, straight nameplate is alright with me, and lastly word mark with drop shadow is a nice touch. The problem is the numbers is also drop shadow, but is black with white drop shadow, I felt like it need to be like the word mark just white with black drop shadow, and you got yourself a winner.

Montreal Canadiens Concept [by Ricky]
Up points: seeing the Habs in blue is rare a thing to see, and this one was put together smartly. Adding the yokes, and tie down collar is a nice touch. Add another trim around the numbers is alright with me.
Down points: The only things I can come up with are lack of red trims on the wrist cuffs, and trims on the bottom of the hem.
My suggestion: See the down points.

Well that's this week, next week will be the last of the "Summer of Concept Contributor" and this one is special to me, a concept from a contributor that start it all back in 2012! Also next week will be my 25th concept contributor post, it'll be fun to do next week til then I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment