Saturday 16 August 2014

Summer of Concept Contributor: Got some blues?

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. The "Summer of Concept Contributor" heart is still beating this week, Joey returns with "TWO" St.Louis Blues concept! Let's get to it.

St.Louis Blues Concept [by Joey F.]
Up point: The logo looks pretty good without the red. using the stripes base on the team's old 90's set is a good idea. The colors are blue, and yellow is a wise pick. The yokes are square but well put together and the Blues main logo as the shoulder patch save this concept.
Down points: the stripes the arms is placed way too low. The numbers is too plain to me without trims. On the road white and yellow just doesn't sit well with me. Lastly on both of them has no stitching on the jerseys, it feels less real, and more just put together without taking time to put it together nicely. 
My suggestion: rise the arm stripes up more, add trims around the numbers, and on the road switch the yellow, and blue to make it road look good. Lastly don't forget the stitching.

St.Louis Blues concept [by Joey F.]
Edited by Joey, he removed the arm stripes and put gradient style on the arms from blue to navy blue on the home, and from blue to white on the road, he also add it on the bottom side of the jersey for good measure. I felt the he should do the same on the yokes and add some yellow to the arms.

Winnipeg Jets Concept (Jake88)
We are jumping from blue and gold, to blue and red!
Up points: Love the stripes on the arms, and the shoulders and the way to use the Flyers like arm template on it that made this concept an eye popper. Nice choices on the fonts for the numbers, nameplate, and even the captain patch too! Using the logo made by Brian Goff made this concept almost complete.
Down points: I like the idea of the maple leaf on the back of the jerseys, but with the numbers on top of it made look too busy to me. both the wrist stripe and hem stripe on the dark jersey look plain to me.
My suggestion: give  both the wrist stripe and hem stripe on the dark jersey the same treatment as the hem stripes on the white jersey instead of blue make it white. I know this may torn everyone hearts but I say remove the maple leaf off the back of the jersey.
Another post done, but we got more to go next week until then I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment