Sunday 6 April 2014

Double Contributors: The Aftermath

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Hope you all enjoy my April fool's day post, if not meh I try. I decide to bring back those two concepts made by one concept artist back to give my thoughts on them, let's get going.

Anaheim Ducks alternate concept [by Ricky M.]
 Up point: Base on the Ducks first alternate jersey, this one surprise me. Change the jade to orange, and the eggplant to black help this jersey pretty good. The yoke looks better rounded at then pointy, and looks less crowded. Lastly using the tie down collar makes this concept look classic to me.
Down points:  The fonts on both the numbers, and nameplate are also base on the team's first alternate jersey, I felt like it didn't need it at all.
My suggestion: Make the numbers, and nameplate standard block fonts and you got yourself a winner.

Vancouver Canucks alternate concept [by Ricky M.]
 Up point: This one use the right colors on this jersey that base on the team's first alternate jersey. Using the team's current nameplate, and numbers fonts with trims is a good choice. Tie down collar is an nice touch to this concept. Lastly nice idea of using the full body Johnny Canuck logo on the front makes it complete!
Down point: The nameplate, and numbers are silver and I felt like it look like it blended with the jersey to me.
My Suggestion: Make the nameplate, and numbers white, and it'll be perfect.

Well that's today's post, hopefully I'll get another post this week featuring my concept, until then I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment