Saturday 26 May 2018

2018 AJH HJA NHL Playoffs Pickz: Round 3 review, NHL Adidas concept extra, and the Stanley Cup pick.

Hello, hello everyone. Alan here for my last post of the 2018 NHL Playoff Pickz here at AJH HJA.

Round 3 review.

Western Conference
Vegas (P1) vs. Winnipeg (C2)
My pick: Vegas in 5 games
Result: Vegas in 5
My thought: Well I kinda had the feeling that the Jets ran out of fuel in this round.

Eastern Conference
Tampa Bay (A1) vs. Washington (M1)
My pick: Bolts in 6 games
Result: Caps in 7 games
My thought: The Lightning had one job in game six yet they choke it pretty bad.

Now it's time for my NHL Adidas concept extra. This one is a team that played bad enough to get themselves this year number 1 pick in the NHL Draft. It's the Buffalo Sabres.
This concept feature more white for both home, and road instead of gold. I felt like it didn't fit well with the Sabres at all. So I ended up making a better set for the Sabres.

Well, everyone, this Monday is game 1 of this year Stanley Cup finals. From the east making their first cup appearance since 1998, it's Washington Capitals. Over at the west, the team that is in their very first year, the Vegas Golden Knights. Who will win their first ever Stanley Cup?
My Pick: Even though Caps are hungry for the Cup, but with a team that features 2nd, and some 3rd line players earned their right spots on the team. This one is a tough call, I'm going with the Golden Knights in 6 games.

Well, that's it, we went through 3 rounds of crazy over the top matchups, lots of surprises, unexpected wins, and losses, to even bad calls from the refs. I hope you all enjoy this year playoffs, including hoping for a good Stanley Cup finals. Until then, later.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy. And fabulous concept of the Sabres, making it look classically traditional, plus I like the double outline trims over the numbers & the NOBs (on white jersey, blue text with white inside & gold outside trims; on blue jersey, white text with blue inside & gold outside trims). Although it would look sleeker if it was a bit navy blue.

    Back to the predictions, what a wild playoff season so far. And seems to me that I got one prediction right so far. haha But joking aside, I bet this year's Stanley Cup finals will be a fun but interesting series. One team has one of the best players to be active that has yet to win a Cup in Washington; while the other has the chance to make NHL history in Vegas. I gotta go with Vegas on this one just because of that point. But it will be a fight to the finish, probably in 7 games if needed to.

    ReplyDelete